Sunday, February 23, 2014

Collage Sign Project

Quick Collage Project


My Dad asked me to make him a Sign for his Fabulous new Patio/Back Yard. 

He handed me the Wood- Just a piece of Plywood....but this way I knew it was exactly the right size...



I had a General Idea of what he wanted it to say.  It was going to go on the "Buffet" area of their Cute Patio and he wanted something to Welcome guests.

So Here's what I chose:)  I played around with the Size a bit- and then just printed it out on regular Paper.


Then I painted the whole thing the Green Acrylic there in the upper right hand corner there..

I Mod Podged on some "Masculine" Scrapbooking Paper and kept the pallete kind of 'Greeny Neutrally'...

I left the inside with just the Green and added another Good Coat of my Mod Podge Gloss.



Next I decided to indulge my Burlap Obsession and Covered the Center with some Christmas Left Over Christmas Burlap Ribbon.

I used a whole lot of Mod Podge on the Burlap to make sure it was saturated.  Then I cut out my Words....more Mod Podge and let it all Dry.


Next I used India Ink in Sepia around the edges of all the Paper, Burlap and Lettering.  I ended up going over it again with some Brown India Ink Marker and Good Old Fashion Mom Spit:)

I Mod Podged everything One More time and Voila!  I did have my Mom put a Good Coat or two of Clear Coat Varnish because it will be Outside.  I'll find out what kind she used.

I got to give it to my Dad on his 71st Birthday:)


Had a great time with this one and it was kind of  'Out of my Norm' so a good Challenge all around:)

Looking forward to their next Patio Gathering!



Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to hear from you!