Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Place for my Mail Art


A Place for My Mail Art Treasures


So, I've been SO Excited about getting some of my First Mail Art Beauties- I just really needed some place to keep them Safe and Loved.

Here are my Betty Franks Creations...


and my Julie Gibbons Lovelies....


I love to keep them Out for Inspiration, but I'm so stinkin' messy sometimes I am terrified I'm going to get paint on them- so I 'Dipped my Toe' into the Mad World of Mail Art...
and Painted on a Mailing Envelope.


 So, I dreamed of this Color Scheme- The Purple with the Yellow Base and Bright Blue Hearts...

It kind of ended up having an 80's Vibe- so I just grabbed my Hair Spray and My Shoulder Pads and went for it..

I really just wanted an excuse to splash Outrageous Colors around with my Fingers...Ok, that's really my Basic Art Philosophy in a nut shell....


The Hearts were from some Phone Book Pages I had painted on and my New Cool Alphabet/Texture stamps from Scarlet Lime.  Then I used some Left Over Words from another project and finally some Oil Pastels for outlines....So Scrumptiously Messy!

Later on I messed around with the Same Color Scheme only 'Lighter'...I'm sure there is a more Technical Term for it- but 
"Pastel-i-er" didn't Sound right...



Not sure what this is going to be yet...but I am working on 'Subtelty'....
Ya- I know, I'm about as Subtle as a Bull in a China Shop...but a Girl can Dream!


So, my Focus for this week will be to Remember to Keep it Simple and do...


Love to all!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to hear from you!