Thursday, December 5, 2013

Socks and Sandals, Frozen Yogurt ...and Big Foot

What the Heck have I Been Up To?
 
Hey all!  I was Totally Planning on keeping up with my Blogging through the Thanksgiving Holiday....ya that worked out!:)
 
 
We have been 'A-Visitin' and 'A-Hospitalin' these last 2 weeks:)
 
Here's me and my Adorable Momma:)  Sorry about the pic quality- I'm sittin' here in the Hospital Room with her.
 
 
She just had Back Surgery for Spinal Stenosis...this is the end of Day 2.  She's been on Morphine for the last 2 days so I expected her to Pass out like Nick does...we can literally count to 35 with Nick and he is OUT! But my Mom was chipper and chatty and we just kept having the Same Conversation over and over again:)  Today she has Graduated to Hydrocodone- so she actually remembered my Name:)
 
She's feeling MUCH better tonight...we have been Giggling so loud watching "America's Home Video's" from the 1980's that people keep peeking in the door to check on us- we know how to have fun in a Hospital man...
 
As she is only in for 2 nights I decided to skip the 'Traditional Hospital Wardrobe Protocol for Moms'  and went straight to Paint covered sweats, My Fuzzy Hot Pink Hello Kitty Jammie Shirt and the "Peez day Resistance" ....Hospital Socks and Sandals.  Normally you need to wait until at least day 3 for this kind of Fashion Freedom. 
 
I also realized that I was rocking the Racoon eye Mascara smudge at 1:30 am when they briefly open the Cafeteria...
 
 
I saw my Reflection in the machine as I was trying to shove as Much Frozen Yogurt as possible into a 32 ounce Coffee Cup...Everyone knows that you can shove in as many toppings as you want as long as it's in a Coffee cup and it doesn't count....that's Hospital 101 people...
 
Perhaps I need to back up a bit....so you can see What Kind of events have to Happen to a woman before she is Ready to sport Hospital Socks and clogs...
Cue Flashback....
 
First of all- we travelled and had a great time with Family out in Californ-I-A:)
 
 
 
 
Here we are Celebrating both Boys Birthdays- Nathan is 19 and Nick just turned 17:)  There's Kale in the Middle:)
 
We got back from several days of Fabulous Food and fun and BAM- Nick needed to have his 6 week Blood Check as he has been off Chemo for Leukemia now for 6 weeks. 
 
Needless to say, there is some Anxiety around this even for us- although we were expecting Great things:)  SO-Nick had his Appointment at 10:15 two hours away in Phoenix....then I brought him home- then drove an Hour the Other Way to Prescott for my Mom who had Surgery that Morning.
 
The Wonderful News is Nicks Blood was all clear- Cancer Free:)- and we dont' have to be in for 8 weeks.  BUT- I turned around after a bit-o-the-not-sleeping-while-worrying-about-counts...and spent the night trying to sleep on a Folding Chair...and Let me tell you- Steve the IV Pole was not friendly- He beeped and wailed and 'occluded' all night long:)
 
Thus the Racoon Eyes, Socks and Sandals....and 32 ounces of Froyo in a coffee cup...
 
SO fast Forward to tonight...and 32 hours of Hospital later...
 
As you know, I am a Huge Big Foot fan.  I am pretty Positive that there is one living in the Golf Shack in the Country Club in Dewey...
 
This is an Actual picture here... the Arizona ones are Purple....
 
Although I am WAY more into "Mountain Monsters"...because they SERIOUSLY almost caught one...I did find that watching "Finding Bigfoot"- late at night- in the dark- when you are hopped up on Morphine (or Way too much Coffee FroYo)  is SO fun!!:)  And my Mom doesn't remember a thing!
 
As I said she is feeling So much better!  She has a perfected the 'Flying Dismount' from her Hospital bed and has made Several laps around the unit- I think they have her scheduled for a 5K tomorrow:)
 
 
 
 
Ya- this is pretty much the view around here:)  He's only been here a day- so no Socks for another 24 hours...
 
So I will leave you now...as the Cafeteria closes in 17 minutes and there is a Coffee Cup with my name on it...
 
Love to all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to hear from you!