Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summer of Color is Here!

 

I Jumped in!!

Summer Sunflower:)
As you all know, I am recently new to the Art World and Especially New to actually having some Time to focus on All things art!  
 
This is the first summer in 5 years that we haven't been  doing Chemo with my son several times a week. He's on "Maintanence" now and doing Fantastic by the way!  We also Home School both my boys.  One is a Jr in College now and the other is a Senior...but on Break for the Summer Finally! 

Summer of Love!!
For a while there I couldn't figure out what to do with Myself!!  But it didn't last long:)  I can finally think about actually Joining some Fun Art-a-licious Groups!
 
I am Absolutely in LOVE with Index Card a Day!! Here's my latest one:

 
 
I can't tell you what a HUGE Kick-in-the-Art-Pants this has been to just be Accountable to Paint every day.  And I tell you,  the Best Part is the group of Artists on the ICAD Facebook page!  You can post your work and these Wonderful Folks give their encouragement, thoughts and wishes.  This is really the first time I've ever Posted any of my stuff On line...and it has been So Great!
 
If you are new to Art, Art Journaling or just plain want to meet some Amazing People...Click on the ICAD Button and go see Tammy at Daisy Yellow.  I would love to have you Join Us!
 
 
 Index Card A Day
 
Ok, So I have been seeing these really Cool Journal pages, Quilts and Index Card Art this last week and Curiously....all of them had the same Color scheme.  Last week it was a Gorgeous Bright Blue with Lime Green....it was a great Combination so I did a little research.
 
Magenta Matters pointed me over to Twinkle Twinkle, which is an adorable Blog and the Home of Summer of Color.
 
I've been Toying with the Idea of making the commitment to doing a Journal Page a Day...but it just felt like too much.  Then I saw everyone's Blue and Lime Stuff and I thought....Okay...Maybe...
 
Short Story LONG!  I Just Did It!  I jumped in.  Here's my "Catch Up Page"

 
Blue and Lime Color of Summer

So, my Favorite Parts of Summer of Color?
*  A New Color Scheme each week!
*  A Facebook Group Page to post your work & See Others
*  You can use Any Medium you like!!
*  It's only a Once a Week Commitment....Whew!  I can do that!

So Technically....you could Join ICAD...and make One of your Cards in the Color Scheme from 'Summer of Color' and Voila!  Two for one!!!

If you're like me and need a little "Kick-in-the-Art-Pants, I hope you'll join me at Summer of Color!
 
 
Leave me a note with your thoughts!!
Love to all!

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Thanks for Visiting and hope to see you again soon!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Molly :). It is so fun, to meet so many talented souls from all over the world, just by sharing what you love doing, create that is :). Totally love the journal pages here, especially the envie, can't wait to see your Week 2 creation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shahrul...you are so cute...you said "Envie"!!! I am totally going to use that from now on! I will be looking for you on Summer of Color! Thanks so much for stopping by and hope to see you again soon!

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you are painting every day Your work is stunning!!! You have a great talent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for coming!! I hope you will Jump in with us!

      Delete
  4. I love your hot pink and orange paintings for SOC. and your bird picture is great. I'm not into social networking, but over the last year my introduction to blogging has helped me so much, throu a serious cancer op and post-op period. Just having a reason to create every day, and meeting so many wonderful supportive blogging artists like you has been so helpful.
    I wish your son all the best and improvement every day.
    Jez

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for visiting and especially for sharing your story. I am so glad that you have discovered Blogging and SOC and I hope that they will bring you as much peace and joy has it has me:) I will be praying for you Jez and hope you are doing fantastic. Know that you are a hero and inspiration to me. My son is doing just Great and is being spoiled by his Grandmother as we speak! Hope to catch your blog! All my love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks for Visiting Christine! Hope to see you again soon!

      Delete
  7. I love that you jumped in and decided to play along with the Summer of Color! I am in awe of your creations and have loved looking at them so much! thank you for sharing your talent with us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon!
      Thanks so much for the sweet words! I'm looking forward to seeing you there and getting to know you!

      Delete
  8. Hi Molly, I'm so glad you joined SOC so I could see your gorgeous art!! Isn't it fun to be in the art friendly fun world, this is my first year with ICAD AND SOC, LOVE them both. Such a great way to be free with our art and make friends too.

    I'm happy to hear your son is doing better and know you will have more time for ART!! I can't imagine all the hard times you've been thru. Keeping your family in my prayers.

    LOVE LOVE your art today and read thru your past posts and LOVED them too, signed up to follow you!!
    Have a great weekend and see you next week for SOC #3!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your work. So many rich colours. Gorgeous! You have being through the wringer with your family. I am so glad I discovered you! :) Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear from you!