Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Painted Butterfly Love

Butterfly Love
 
So I wasn't sure what I was going to add to my Project for Part 3 of Dealing with Anger and Hurt- but I really wanted it to be Symbolic and well, just Pretty:)
 
If you missed the Series you can Check it out Here.
 
 
I hadn't taken the plunge and tried a Butterfly in Acrylics, but on my last Pilgrimage to Hobby Lobby I scored an Awesome book called "Painted Butterflies" put out by Leisure Art and Produced by Kooler Design Studio, Inc.  And YES that's a $4.30 tag on it...Booyah!!
 
 
The Artist here is Chris Thornton-Deason and I was really happy with the Step by Steps as I was pretty Intimidated by such a Big Image.
 
So Here's my Monarch Buddy:)

 
I've been watching Literally 100's of Huge Monarchs feeding off the Butterfly Bush in our front yard.  I've always wanted to 'Pay Tribute' to the Amazing Artist that creates these Beauties- Jesus Christ- the Ultimate Artist:)
 
 
Here are a few Step by Step if you are interested:)
 
Pencil in on Big Paper...

 
Basecoat added with my new Best Friend- a One inch Brush!


 
Several layers in using Acrylic mixed with gel medium:)
 
 
And here she is all Done!  It's going to go on my 'Working through Anger and Hurt' Collage- so that will be the Next Step:)
 
 
I'm thinking about doing a totally Imaginary Blue Monarch- well, I don't even know if they come in Blue... Guess I need to do some Research there:)
 
I'll keep you posted as I finish that up:)
 
OH! and I am Definitely 'IN' for Tammy Garcia's Daisy Yellow 31 Day Photo Challenge.  I'll be Posting it both here and on Instagram:)
 
Hope you'll join me! 
 
Love to all!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to hear from you!