Monday, July 8, 2013

Dollar Store Diva

Rocked the Dollar Store!
 
 
Oh ya...I rocked the Dollar Store today!  Who's a Diva?....ya, you know it's Me:)
 
I have been doing Roben-Marie Smith's "Baby Got Back to Back" class at 21 Secrets Art Journaling Course.  She had this awesome "Sunburst-ey" Stencil that she used some Dylusions Spray Ink on....Loved it!  Checked through my Stencil Stash, but No Sunburst Ones:(
 
Well, fear not!  While Perusing my Dollar Store, what should Jump Out at me?  Well...actually I don't know WHAT they're called...:)

 
I think it's a Paper Plate Holder...there are 4 of them....For a BUCK!! (Insert very lame dancing...)
 
And there are my Sunburst-eys!  I just Plopped it down and used my Dylussions Inks to Spray directly on it:)  I didn't even have to Clean it in Between!

 
After I did the 3 Bursts, I just Laid a few Index Cards right down on the Top of the "Stencil"...Now I have some Psychodelic Index Cards Baby!!!
 

 
For Clean Up- I took my Trusty Paper Towel and just laid it down in there and Mopped up the rest of the Ink. 
 

 
And it turned out So cool!  I'll be using all of these pieces Somewhere down the line!
 
I also Scored some Baby Wipes for a Buck...
 
 
 ..... and I needed a Brown Bag for my "Back to Back" project and got Two for a Buck!!
 
 
 
   Doin' the Dollah Dance!!!
 
Have you found anything Dollaricious Lately?
Make sure you share it with us!
 
Love to all!
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. haha Molly - you are very funny!! I am still trying to find my way around my blog - easier said than done, I think!! Anyway will let u know once all is up and running. A fab idea with the paper plate holder! Must try that too! I dont think we get dylusions here - must have a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine,
    Thanks so much for coming. I am excited to hear you are starting your very own blog! I am very new and have been reading up like crazy. Would love to share troubles and triumphs. Feel free and e-mail me anytime at Mollylollyloo@gmail.com. Toghether we might just figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Molly, this is gorgeous!! I've used these before and loved them too. These are gorgeous colors and summery, you should link them up to SOC this week, it's red and yellow.

    Have a great week and happy dollar store goodie day! I'm headed to mine today and hope to get lucky like you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn...Oh my gosh you're right! He he! I'll go link them up:) I'll be waiting to hear how your Dollar Store adventure went! Let me know!

      Delete
  4. Oh how gorgeous - I'll have to look for these in our Poundland ;) Our equivalent to your Dollar Store ;) I never think to look in those kind of sections - although I DID get a couple of cool silicone spatula's at our local market which will never see the light of the kitchen, going to use them as flexible pallet knives ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rockin' the Spatulas! I would LOVE a pic of you using them! I knew you had a Diva in you:)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love our $2 store for art bargains! I love that stencil as well, I am going to make one today I have decided. I have kept a brown bag I had for that workshop because I thought I needed one. I might watch those videos next. I love the vibrancy of those inks, but I am doing my best not to succumb.

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear from you!