Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer of Color Round up

Relaxing Summer of Color
 
Hi Everyone!  I had such a wonderful Relaxing and Recharging Weekend with my Honey:)!
 
 All of your boys are off on various Summer Adventures so we have a very quiet Nest.  It's nice for a bit...but pretty soon I'll be missing the morning Wrestling Matches and my Oldest son shaving to "Epic Music"...Freibotts are never quiet for long!
 
So you've already seen these two ICAD's with the Fabulous Purple and Lime Green Color Scheme...
 

 My Virtual Pet Cat

My Little Sis! 
 
So the next one is a bit of a 'Mixed Bag'....not sure I like it:)  It started out Quite Dubiously with a sketch that ended up being the "Ugliest Index Card a Day "to date:)
 
The Prompt  for ICAD is "Neutrals and Tea and Coffee".  I saw some AMAZING sketches done with things like Coffee left overs and Tea bags...and well, they made it look easy!
 
Ya, It's NOT!
 
 
 
My 'Tea Bag' coloring looks a lot like...well, you know what it looks like!!
 
Ha! The folks on this Facebook Page are wonderful.  I posted it- knowing it was a 'stinker' and they were so sweet!  They even admitted to having some 'Stinkies' of their own.  Such a great place, such great people!
 
Anyways, here's how the page started..
 
 

Originally the Cat was going to be Lime green with Purple Eyes...But once I got the first Green layer down...it was a little too "Halloween". 
 
 
But instead of 'scrapping it' I remembered all the advice from my Beloved  Instructors I've met during 21 Secrets Art Journaling- "Keep working on it til it works"

So I added a lot of Grey and White and toned it down.  Here's the final Product:)
 
 
I am in desperate need of a White Paint Pen that actually works over acrylics.  I had to use Acrylic Paint and I'm not very accurate with it.  If you have any advice,  please leave me a Comment! I'll be eternally grateful...I might even share my Nutella with you!
 
I am also mourning the Loss of my Scarlet Lime Black Roller Ball Pen.  It died two days ago...(sob)...of Overuse.  I am typing this sitting on my front porch waiting for Fed EX to deliver my Replacement! 
 
 
The quote came to me as I realized that I finally have found my Bliss...I can't tell you how being able to focus on Art has changed and healed me.  I can honestly tell you that it is More than worth it to follow your Bliss...and when you find it...POUNCE!
 
The next Color Scheme is Grey and Light Pink!  Whoa! Totally new one to me.  I  can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
 
Don't forget to let me know what White Pen you use!
 
Love to All!
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Gotta love all your lovely examples of lime and purple. Personally, I can't get ANY pen to draw over acrylic. And anything that has gesso on it, kills my pens before they can finish any words. So, I'm not help at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh...the Pen dilemma! I do have to say that my Scarlet Lime Roller Ball pen goes over almost everything...I get those at Christy Tomilson's store called Scarlet Lime. Still can't find a White one though! I'll keep you posted if I find anything! Thanks for coming!

      Delete
  2. Boah ! what fab Art Journaling here on your blog Molly!
    xxx Susi from
    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE
    maybe you will join us once this year on our monthly challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susi,
    Thanks so much! And thanks for stopping by! I will go check out the Art Journal Journey Challenge- thanks for the invite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. White pen you say? That writes over Acrylic you say? BOOM! Do a google search for White Posca Pen (I got mine from Amazon UK) I might be wrong but I believe it actually is acrylic paint. Or some kind of paint. IN A PEN! I love it - all the white writing I've done on my ICAD's (over Acrylic) is that pen.

    I also recently bought a White Sharpie to try - that's oil based paint in pen form but I prefer the Posca. The nib is finer and it's just a nicer white - lovely to blend too.

    Love your art - had to smile at your tea stained kitty (if it is in fact tea stains *g*) I love those eyes on the one in your journal - the purple is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s The white highlights on my Beep Beep card too is the Posca Pen.

      Delete
    2. Quick to the Search Engine!!! I would write more but I Must have that Pen! PS...you know I love the Beep Beep card!!!

      Delete
  5. Liquitex. Has a new paint pen liner available, that might be your answer! Also try the Sharpie "water-based" white paint pen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a "White Pen" search Notepad right next to my PC! Ok..if it's Liquitex and Sharpie, I might be able to get those at Hobby Lobby. Thanks so much! I'll let you know if I find them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really beautiful! I love what you've done with the color combination and your cat is adorable - love the eyes!
    I hope you don't mind, but this was linked to week 4. I have placed it into the link for week 3 so that others can see your lime and purple artwork :)
    Please feel free to link again to week 4 with your pink and grey.
    THANK YOU! Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much Kristin! I think I figured out what I did wrong:) You rock! See you soon on Summer of Color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did! :) As for the white pen I love the Sharpie waterbased paint pen. If the colour is not opaque when you write then shake it some more, but it is ruined over straight gesso. You can get different sizes, I love the fine and extra fine. I have also seen white correction pen used but I have less control over that, though you may like it.

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear from you!