Saturday, July 13, 2013

Why Does Art Have to Take so LONG?

Why Does Art have to take so Looong!
 

Coffee Dreams:)

Ok, Patience is not my Virtue.  If you have read even 3 sentences on this blog, you know I am the 'Poster Child of ADD' and tend to have trouble Concentrating on one thing at a time.  I was kind of in a place the last few days with my Projects where I had to do some Nitty Gritty work and I have to say that sometimes it's very hard for me to Wait it out.

Prepping Canvases and waiting for Gesso to dry, ugh.  When I am in a Good place, and I've been pretty regular with getting in my "Art Time", I don't mind it so much...as long as I have 2 or 3 things going on at once.  But lately I have a lot of ideas...but need to just Slow Down and take the Steps I need to take...without Throwing a Fit!!  (Does this count as a fit?:))

So here is what is going on right now....

Yesterday I Gesso'd (Gessoed? Gesoed?) EVERYTHING I could get my hands on.  If I thought I might use it This Century....it's covered in Gesso.  I even did a wooden box and a REALLY ugly shelf I am trying to Rescue...
 
 
I know...It's so Sad:(  Friends don't let Friends have tacky "Salmon" pueblo shelving on their walls.  Don't get me wrong....Love me some Santa Fe Style...but this is just too Much..
 
So of Course...this one got caught up in the "Gesso Storm"....but Desperate Times call for Despersate Measures...it was time for SERIOUS Paper Therapy..
 
 
Ya...No Neutrals Here...:)
 
So, I have no Idea where it's going to end up...But it's already Worlds Better!
 
 
 
I also found a cool Wooden Candy Box that was Gesso'd along with several of my Journals and a Bunch of Cards for ICAD.
 
 
 
I know, I know...more Houses.  I admit I am Obsessed...maybe if I can get a few of them DONE...the cravings will Subside a bit:)
 
I was able to get some paint on these- but they really needed to dry over night....sigh!
 
So I turned my attention to the Journal.  I watched an Awesome U-tube video by Donna Downing for "Inspiration Wednesday" and she used Printed Tissue paper over Gesso...Loved it.  It's about 11 minutes long and would be perfect over your morning coffee:)  I will post her Blog Site as soon as I can find it:)
 
I LOVED how it turned out!
 


I stamped a bunch of different "Nature-y" Stamps on Tissue and just layed it down over wet Mod Podge.   Love it!  But it Needed quite a bit of Dry Time.

I was really afraid I was going to do Too Much to it.  Ya...If you're not sure what I mean by "too much"- Take a Gander at my Index Card for the Day...

 
I call it "Spasdic Summer":) 
 
If you ever wondered what an ADD/ADHD Brain looks like...here you go- only Imagine it Lighting up and Moving every 6 seconds:)
 
SO---I tried Very Hard to keep it Mellow.
 
Yellow and Candy Apple Red are the Summer of Color Inspirations this week so I tried to go there without getting Too Busy.
 
I had some Grungy Red/Black/White Paper from a few days ago...
  
 
 
But it was pretty Busy.  I wanted to do More Torn Flowers...I just Need to...not sure Why:)
 
I kept trying different Configurations but it was just Too Much...so I tried to keep it Black and white and used some White Burlap..
 
Here's what I came up with:
 
 
The Background isn't as Yellow as it looks here.  I'm just not sure about it.  I had fun with the Zipper stems and leaves, but I just am not sure what it needs:)
 
I'd love to Hear your Thoughts, Ideas and Suggestions!
Leave me a Comment and let me know what you think:)
 
So I guess I just have to let it all Dry now!!
 
I'll keep you Posted!
 
Love to All!
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Ok, so here I am 1:30am, all jet lagged because we are on NY time , crashed at 8pm & now...I'm up! Found the SOC links & saw your name. Molly, I am cracking up over your post! Girl, you are too funny! Love how you rescued the pueblos! 😃And I totally get it re: waiting for the gesso to dry! Keep on rockin' those paintings, it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia,
      I am praying Cafffeine over you my friend! Be safe as you travel and get back home so you can Paint girl!!

      Delete
  2. Loved your post and all your art work. I know what you mean on drying times and waiting. I also have a 1/2 a dozen projects going at once or I would go crazy waiting for one to dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear that Terrie! Yesterday I was in my Mom's carefully Organized craft room where she was meticulously working on one project at a time...where did I come from?! Thanks so much for coming!

      Delete
  3. Now I will stop spamming you! I love your words, now I am moving the house tutorial up my list! If only I had more time in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First - before I forget - Donna Downeys site: http://donnadowney.typepad.com/ (She's on my list too *g*)

    Do you do one layer of Gesso? I've been reading in various sources that you need to do two or three and sand inbetween each one. So it's taking me three times as long! Luckily - I had several prepped canvasses of things I didn't like and Gesso'd one layer over but - Gaaah. The ONLY reason I am thankful for the heatwave in the UK at the moment is mega quick drying times!

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear from you!