Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Gelli Plate Madness!!

It's Finally Here!!!
 
Ok...it took like, 2 WEEKS for it to get here because we live in "Po-dunk-little-town" USA where I have to bribe the UPS guy with a 6 pack (of Soda!....we're not THAT Redneck)  to get him to drive all the way out to our little "Homestead". 
 
Dick Blick...thou art my new Bestie...
 
So here she is in All her Glory!!!  I almost Hyperventilated opening it up.  I'm not sure why this thing makes me so Nervous!  Probably just because it was a bit expensive and it Sounds like it's a bit Fragile...

 

 

 So, after Dancing around the table with my Pups for awhile, which we do everytime the UPS guy comes...I carried her Gently to her New Home.  We opened a Can of the "Sacred Challis" to commemorate the Occasion and.....we opened the Package!!!!  But then I chickened out and went and watched 4 Video's from the Gelli Plate Comapanies actual site...

 
Ok...after several vidoes and several cans I got the courage to just Go for it!  Look how Clean and Gellovely it is!  I chose two of my Fave colors and some white...Grabbed the Brayer AND....
 

 
Look at all that Paint-Smushy-Goodness!!! Because I obsessively watched "How-to" videos for an hour I knew to grab some "Texture" stuff:)  I used my sequin left overs...darn it, what are those called?...Anyway- I used those and some of my Dollar store 'Cut Up' baskets with Circles and Ovals.
 

 Punchinella!! That's what that is...I knew I'd remember!  Took that off...grabbed my paper and laid it on top and Voila!!!  Here is my Very First Gelli Print!!  Ta Da!



I loved that it was so Creamy and the paint really covered well.  I also loved the hints of shapes that I got from those baskets.  I am having some Technical difficulties and am not able to make my photos here any larger...but I'll work on getting some closer shots. 
Here are a few of my "First Faves":
 
 
Here I went back and added some Yellow through the Basket Stencil:)
 

 
And this is My MOST "Favorite-est":)  You know I love Color, the more 'Riotous' the better!
 
 
I must have made 20 different Prints and just as many Post Cards.  I NEW I would probably need a pair of Adult Diapers and a Saint Bernard with Diet Pepsi around his Neck once I started...
 
Here I am after Several Hours of Play, covered with Paint and Doggies...
 
 
Good times.....Good times!
 
SO!!!  Do you Gelli?  Are you waiting for yours to arrive? Is it on your Wishlist?  Let me know! 
Remember, Crazy loves Company!
 
Tomorrow I will post my Top 5 "What I learned about Gelli Platin'" Hints and Tips...
 
Love to all!
 
See you then!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to hear from you!