Saturday, July 6, 2013

One Word Challenge


(Whew!  That was a Mouthful!:))


Hey guys!  Last week I was excited to come across the New "Heartsong Academy" on the great Blog "Top Floor Treasures".  They are hosting a Weekly Blog Hop where we get to Focus on Journaling about one Word or Idea and see where it takes us.

The Very First Word was "Pride"....ooooo...hmmmmm....(silence)....Yikes!  This is going to be tougher than I thought!  You know, I really had to take a few days to think this one through. And I really had to fight off checking with Philosoraptor...which is my usual 'go to spot' for "Instant Wisey-ness"...or "Wise Cracks"...whichever the case may be..

 I love to Journal early in the morning, before it gets too hot, sitting against the front door  on my front porch:)  As we are in the Country and are on the very edge of being proud Rednecks, I am often in my "Goat Feeding Clothes"....and I often have 'Helpers'...
 
Are goatie is "fenced" in...which means she only knocks on the door when she wants Coffee.

She's always so proud of herself when she escapes...
 

Sophie is quite the Philosopher...
As I have no claim to being a Great Philosopher, I did come to realize that this word can be a tricky one.  There are so many Good and Bad connotations to the word  and I think that too little or too much Pride can lead us into trouble. So here's what I came up with.



 

In the Upper part I made a little Chart based on my Journaling:

 

Too Little Pride or "Self Worth":
*  You can become paralyzed
* Unable to try new things
*Isolated
*No new growth because of Fear
 

Too Much Pride:
* Afraid to make mistakes
* Unable to learn from others
* Too focused on Outcome
*Lack of Joy


This is the definition that I would like to apply to my own life.  I feel like it would represent a good Balance: 

Pride-  A Quiet Confidence in one's God-Given Ablity:

 
Right now in our changing world this word has become a symbolic phrase that sometimes means "I am no longer ashamed, I am no longer hiding myself, I am beautiful as God has made me"...kind of a Badge of acceptance of oneself, and a good one.

 
I hope you will take a look at what everyone came up with.  Consider Jumping in with your own thoughts.  I would love to hear from you!
 
Love to All!
 
 


http://emerging-lotus-flowers.org/2013/06/30/06-30-13-heartsong-arts-academy-blog-hop-challenge-1/

3 comments:

  1. I love your Pride chart. Spot on! And the journal page is great! I've so enjoyed your comments and sense of humor on FB, happy to connect with you here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rita! Thanks for coming. I've been having such a great time on FB too- it's an amazing group of people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that definition is perfect. It seems so simple, but yet can be such a struggle. Love all the layers on the page.

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear from you!