Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer of Color's Yellow and Red

Back in the Studio

After a tough day yesterday with the Memorial Service for our Fallen Fire Fighters, I knew I needed to get in to my Quiet Place and get Up to my Elbows in Paint.  Ok, it's never really 'quiet'....maybe 'quiet for me':)

I have been Dreaming of making Torn Flowers so I could display my  Awesome Collection of "Things-I-Found-on-the-Side-of-the-Road".  So I knew today was the day.  There are Bottle Caps, Buttons and other What Nots:)

The Summer of Color Scheme for the week is Yellow and Candy Apple Red....LOVE it! I used the "Splatter Flower" Technique from this Fantastic Video by Tammy on her Blog "My Flower Journal". Here's what I came up with:)

 



I used Glossy Mod Podge and it made it really Difficult to get a pic that wasn't Shiny.  Here's a few other shots:
 
 
 
 
These Final two are my Tribute to our Fire Fighters.  Prayers, Love And Scriptures are included all over them:) Altogether there are 19 Petals in all, each Specifically, Lovingly Prayed over:)

 

 
I plan on adding more to these two- when I do I'll post a little Mini- How to!
 
What have you been working on since the Heat Hit? I'd love to know!
 
Love to all!
 
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Love,Love,Love these pages! What a nice tribute to the firefighters. Thanks for linking to my blog. Happy Creating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy! I am so happy to let everyone know about your technique and your art. Are you on Google Plus at all? I am trying to figure out how to put a link on there too. If you have any hints let me know:)

      Delete
  2. Molly, these are beautiful!! And such a touching tribute to such brave firefighters.

    I *thought* I would love the color scheme this week, as I voted for it! But so far, I've got nothin'!! LOL! I think I'm too preoccupied with getting ready for our trip to your state on Sat.! I laid down a background today...we'll see what happens tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia,
      I had a lot of trouble with Grey and Pale Pink last week. I drew a blank for days:) I am excited to see what you come up with. Are you on Flickr so I can see all your juicy work?

      Delete
    2. Molly, I 'm only on Flickr for ICAD, but my SOC work is on my blog: www.magentamatters.blgspot.com

      And BLESS you for helping out at the service for the firefighters...what a blessing!!

      Delete
    3. Patricia,

      Ok- I'll go check that out. I love Magenta Matters...must have just missed it on there:)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful. An absolutely gorgeous tribute.
    Thanks for visiting us at Buttons Galore!

    Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Allie and thanks for popping over!

      Delete
  4. Just gorgeous, beautiful, touching, and absolutely wonderful tribute. And I want to tell you how much I love how you used these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Sharon! I'm so glad you stopped by:) I'm going to go look for you out there in cyberspace:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I struggled with these colours together, but I love your flowers. So richly layered and lush.

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear from you!