Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sketching Madness

Sketching Madness!

Paisleys inspired by Tammy Garcia's amazing Paisleys:)
 
I wish I could say that I have focused on sketching the last few days because I had an Amazing Inspiration.  But realistically speaking, it's mostly because my Studio is a wee bit....ok, really messy. 
 
You know when you are working on the last 6 inches of available table top holding the tube of paint in your teeth because there's no where to put it?  You don't?  Sigh...are my Messy Painting Sisters out there?  You know who you are!  Stand up and be proud!  Ooo...careful of that tower of scrap paper in the middle of the floor though...
 
So here are my  latest sketches...

Poppies...hopefully soon to be Watercolored..
 
More Poppies
 
 
 
These last two were done while watching "Naked and Afraid" where two people had to survive in the Jungle for 21 days.   These are what I pictured probably watched them from the Jungle.
 
Don't freak out now all my Lovely Conservative friends!   It is a 'Survivalist' show and there are plenty of lovely 'Fuzzy Electronic Barriers' covering important things.  But I have a strange obsession with 'Deserted Island Survival situations'.  I've read "The Cay", "Swiss Family Robinson", "Robinson Crusoe" and "Island of the Blue Dolphins"and "Kontiki"  so many times I can quote them:)  So here is what would be on My Personal Deserted Island...
 

Really weird Birds...

More Really weird stuff..
 
I think I would be a great Survivalist...as long as I could have my Dunkin' Donuts Coconut Coffee with 3 sweeteners and a Shot of Almond Milk with the Camera Crew every morning....after a quick shower and a Massage...I'd make it a Luke warm Shower...Gosh!!!
 
I am trying to figure out why I am procrastinating so much about organizing my Studio...sigh...it must be some Mysterious unknown art-related malady:)  I'll keep you posted on my progress...
 
Love to all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't wait to hear from you!