Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Dollar Store Art Item of the WEEK!!!

 
This is a JUICY One!!!
 
Here it is!!!  TA DA!!!
 
 
 
 I know- it's Cute, It's Pink....It holds your stuff so it's not All Over the Couch.....But WAIT!

Look CLOSER....


 
Look at those Juicy, EXPENSIVE Stenciled HOLES Just waiting to be Cut up and Repurposed!!
 
WAIT!!  Here's another one...with Different Holes!
 

 
You KNOW I am Crazy Obsessed with Stencils....
 
I Have a Huge 3 Ring Binder filled with them...
 
 
The Butterfly there and the Numbers....LOVE THEM!!!  Paid about $5.00 for them...
 
Here's One I just picked up....
 
 
Note the $3.99 Price Tag....
 
But NOT this Time!!!
 
   I just grabbed a Cheap-O Pair of Scissors....and BAM!!!  Stencils for a BUCK Baby!
 
 
 
OOOoooooo......OVALS!
 
 

 
 

So Here's How I used them to Make a Journal Page...



This Basket has Teeny Tiny Delicious Circles.
 
 I used a Make-up-Spongy-Thinggee to apply paint so it didn't seep under.
 (I, of course,  use my Fingers to slop my make up on!)  ....Everyone knows those little babies are for Stenciling!
 
Ha!  Make up Sponges for Make up......"Ain't nobody got Time for that!!"
 
So here's what I made using my Cut-Up-Basket-Magic and some Acrylic Paint:
 
 
Too Fun!!!  Can't wait to Finish it!!
Here's a 4 x 6 for an Upcoming ICAD
 


 So what are you waiting for?!!!  If you just Can't wait to get to the Dollarama Store then go ahead and cut out a Chunk of the Basket you're using to keep the Kid's Bath Toys in!  They won't even Notice!!! 
 
Just Make Sure you replace it with a Basket with very Boring, Uninteresting Holes:)

 Have you had a 'Dollar Store Epiphany'?? 
 I would Love to Hear from you!!!
Love to ALL!
 

6 comments:

  1. OMG! I need to go shopping with you :-) You find the most wonderful things at the dollar store. I have 4 old laundry baskets in my garage and was about to give them to Goodwill. Need to check out their "Pattern" first :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, we could do some damage! I would love to see a pic of those Laundry Baskets up-cycled! My hubby put his foot down on me cutting up my Laundry baskets, Darn it! Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT a great idea! Ok, yes, I will never look at those baskets the same way again :) Wonderful page too, I'm a huge dot lover so this really speaks to me. Thank you for the inspiration, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am a lover of all things "Dotty"! So glad you stopped by! Let me know if you find any more Dot Treasures!

      Delete
  4. lovely pages for SOC, and I love the dollar store!
    http://www.cmlk79.blogspot.ca/2013/06/summer-of-color-orange-and-hot-pink.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't it be fun to get to tour Dollar Stores in different towns? I'd bet they would all be different! I loved the Water Scene you posted on your blog for SOC...very nice! Thanks so much for coming!

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear from you!