Monday, June 17, 2013

Just Ride the Elevator

 
I just Love this Quote!
 

We are very blessed to be living in the Country with our Goatie,  two Chickens and four Doggies.  But for the past 5 years we've had two "Home away from Homes" while my son did Chemo for Leukemia.  One  was Ronald Mc Donald's House and one was Phoenix Children's Hospital right in Downtown Phoenix.   So we got to be Part time "City Folks". 

When it was too hot to go running and I needed a bit of a break I would Jump into Elevator 2...because Elevator 3 is haunted...and just ride up and down for awhile.   I would get off at different Levels and just explore. Unless of course I got stuck in Elevator 3..then it was 20 minutes of up and down...the door doesn't open and you end up calling security on that weird looking phone:)

So Yesterday's Index Card of the Day  was my first "City Scape"...with a "Hint-O-the-Grunge"....you know I love me some Grunge:) So I thought it was fitting.
 
I also was able to get some forward movement after a few days of Mental fog  and finally worked on my "Fairy Houses" Canvas... Here's a few Pics of the Work in Progress...
 
Dr. Cohen "Fairy Houses Canvas" in progress:)
 
 
This is the Background with all it's "Collagey Layeriness" (OK- that one was a stretch...)  I wanted to remember what it looked like before it got all Covered Up!
 
 
 
This is the Preliminary "Try Out Stuff" shot.  The Music Book on the far right is from when I was Little and the Second House from the Right is the Back of an Old Simplicity Pattern Envelope which reminds me of My Mom Sewing clothes for us:)  Good Times!
 
 
Here it is with the Base Layer of Papery Goodness.  Now for the Painting Fun!!

Tune in tomorrow for...."The Dollar Store Item of the Day" Da Da Dummmmm!

2 comments:

  1. I love your ICADs and the canvas you're working on. Your textures and layers are beautiful. I especially like the cityscape with the phrase about the elevator. I'm a survivor and, while I was lucky enough to live really close to a wonderful cancer center, it was so important to have somewhere to "check out" every now and then. I loved their artwork, so I'd find myself getting lost in a painting or sculpture while I was waiting and it made all the difference. I hope your son is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for coming! I would love to hear your story! I pray you are doing well and hope that you find as much joy and healing in your art as I have. I've only known you for a few days and your work has already made me smile, laugh and want to see lots more!
      My son is in 'Maintenance' now and doing Fabulous!!
      See you on ICAD and I'll be following your work on your blog!

      Delete

I can't wait to hear from you!