Sunday, June 23, 2013

The 5 Art Supplies I Can't Live Without...Seriously!


HELP!!! I am out of Mod Podge!!!

Ok- you may not realize the Magnitude of this Emergency....The screaming, crying, wailing...and that was from my Husband who realized I might not get my Art fix today!!

Thus was born the "Things Mom Must Have" List.... This is based on the Proven Theory "If Momma ain't happy...ain't Nobody happy"...words we live by here at the Freibott Household:)
 
"Things Mom Must Have"
 
"Five Things Mom Must Have"
 
1. Mod Podge...preferably in Gallons. 

 I am embarrassed to say how much of this 'Lucious Viscous Loviliness' I use.  Just the Smell makes me happy!  Wait a minute...maybe it makes me too happy...is that stuff toxic??!! 
 
Anyway- NEVER run out of Mod Podge...never man.

2.  My Scarlet Lime Black Roller Ball Pen. 

Here it is....held Close to My Heart...
 
My beloved Pen

I will literally Stop Breathing when my pen dies. I'm ordering another one right now...just in case.  Scarlet Lime is Christy Tomilson's Online store...the only place I know where you can get it.  Go there Now!  Run.  Don't walk.

3.  My Cheep-O Spongee thingees.  Lots of them!!

I have a confession to make.  I sometimes...ok most of the time..don't Re-use my little sponge thingees.  Oh the shame!! I try to be good, I really do- but at the end of the day, there they are all dried up into pitiful black-foamy rocks. 
 
 I admit to trying to sneak through the Hobby Lobby line with several packs because I KNOW what the Lady behind me is thinking..."She's one of those Spongee Wasters!"... I'm ashamed to say I have tried to use the VBS excuse...when it's not even Summer!! 
 



 
Where Spongees go to Die:(
  
4.  My Pitt Pens. 4 pack- S, F, M and Bold

Here is Sophie, our 'Chug' guarding my new 'Pitts'...

 
 
I am so attached to these pens that I am probably holding one in my mouth right now.  That's because I am an Obsessive Doodler and Must be able to sketch on Anything and Everything at any time.
 
Unfortunately I am still learning about what they can and can't go over and am Constantly Gumming them up with other Mediums.

We actually gathered round and had a Few Words and a Moment of Silence for this one.  So sad....it was so young..

 
And Finally...last on the List..
 
5.  Paper....lots and lots of Paper!
 
I am the "Crazy Collage Chick"  I love to start almost every piece with Specifically hand picked Papery Goodness.  I am an Indiscriminant lover of Paper.  I hoard everything from Scrap Book Paper to Old Books to Scraps I find here and there. 
 
My Current ScrapBook Hoard:
 
 
I sort by Color- if you can call this 'sorting':)

My 'Shelf of Collagy Scrappy Goodness'
 
 
It's an Organized Mess:)  This is what it looks like while I have several Big Projects going at once:)
 
So there you have it folks!  What are your "Top 5 Absolutely Must Have or My Whole Family will Suffer" art Supplies?
 
Let me know!
Love to all!
 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by Molly and leaving me some comment love on the ICAD. Reading this post, nodding and laughing, I think we might be long lost sistas! Hoarder of paper, kindred sisters, lover of Modge Podge, Pitt Pens, killers of foam brushes! LOL! Stop by often! I'm adding you to my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sista! It is so nice to be able to find people with the same Crazy!! So glad you came by! I'm just about to go get my ICAD fix...see you there!

      Delete
  2. Great post, Molly! Here are my must-have art supplies:
    1. Aleene's paper glaze (for making paper bead bracelets)
    2. my markers (Microns & Tombows)
    3. Prismacolor colored pencils
    4. art journals
    5. watercolor palette (along with my fav brushes)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda! So good to see you here! Great List..I haven't heard of Aleene's paper glaze...I'm going to go Google it now:) I would love to see some of your paper bead bracelets-where should we go?

      Delete
  3. This was so fun to read, laughed and loved it!! What a great list of must haves!! I still need to order one of Christy's pens, keep forgetting too and have never had one but want one.
    Here is my list:
    1. Sharpies, all sizes and colors
    2. white cardstock and white computer paper
    3. any and all kind of books to work in, spirals, legal pads, notebooks, sketch/mixed media and old books to paint in
    4. PROJECT LIFE PROJECT LIFE PROJECT LIFE, THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN NUMBER ONE ACTUALLY!!
    5. pens and pencils and a glue stick

    Lately paint is moving down the list but it needs to be on it because I love paint.
    Thanks for sharing this fun with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn!
      Thanks for dropping in! Let me know what you think of Christy's pen...I bet it will make the list! I'm going to go check out Project Life! Thanks for telling us about it! See you soon!

      Delete
  4. I have never ever used Mod Podge. I think because not everywhere stocks it over here. I keep saying I will have to try it. And I tried out those spongy things for the first time recently and now they are one of my favourite things! I got mine in a Secret Santa Swap and have to admit I do wash mine out and wondered what people do with theirs as they take AGES to dry. I got a free sample a while back (I'm nearly out actually) of this stuff called pink soap and it's a brush cleaner. It's BRILLIANT for reviving brushes and those foam things if the paint has dried ;)

    Going to have a think and maybe do a post myself on my top 5!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the Dark Side Carmen....we have cookies:) Mod Podge is like Nutella to me...I consume it in whatever form I can get it in:) And Pink Soap!!! I saw that at Hobby Lobby! I will grab some and try to save the lives of a few sponges! Thanks for the tip. Link me up when you get your Top 5 list!

      Delete

I can't wait to hear from you!